Tropical and warm temperate zones
EXTRACT FROM THE POMEGRANATE DEVELOPED BY OUR LABORATORIES: CAE™ ("Canaux à eaux', Water channels)
The moisturizing capital of the extract CAE™
This edible fruit of the Punicaceae family is composed of seeds surrounded by a fleshy mesocarp and a water-rich skin. In Armenia, the pomegranate is called "fruit of paradise", a symbol of eternal youth, fertility, beauty and love. It is said that the fruit contains 365 grains, one for each day of the year.
Pomegranate is a vegetable known for its moisturizing benefits on the skin, for its hydration capacities. But it is also a fruit that excels in the management of its water capital. The multi-millenary mechanisms that have allowed the pomegranate to adapt to its environment are due to the substance that regulates the functioning of aquaporins, contained in skin and the fleshy part of the fruit.
For more information on this subject
- Barathikannan, K., Venkatadri, B., Khusro, A., Al-Dhabi, N. A., Agastian, P., Arasu, M. V., ... Kim, Y. O. (2016). Chemical analysis of Punica granatum fruit peel and its in vitro and in vivo biological properties. BMC complementary and alternative medicine, 16, 264. doi:10.1186/s12906-016-1237-3.
- Gutierrez G... (2004). Preparation of pomegranate extract, useful to amplify the expression of aquaporins in the treatment of skin, comprises extracting the fruit pulp with a polar solvent, filtering and concentrating. FR2874502A1.
- Kumagai, Yuya & Nakatani, Sachie & Onodera, Hideaki & Nagatomo, Akifumi & Nishida, Norihisa & Matsuura, Yoichi & Kobata, Kenji & Wada, Masahiro. (2015). Anti-Glycation Effects of Pomegranate (Punica granatum L.) Fruit Extract and Its Components In Vivo and In Vitro. Journal of agricultural and food chemistry. 63. 10.1021/acs.jafc.5b02766.
- Liu, Chang & Guo, Hao & A. DaSilva, Nicholas & Li, Dongli & Zhang, Kun & Wan, Yinsheng & Gao, Xing-Hua & Chen, Hong-Duo & Seeram, Navindra & Ma, Hang. (2019). Pomegranate (Punica granatum) phenolics ameliorate hydrogen peroxide-induced oxidative stress and cytotoxicity in human keratinocytes. Journal of Functional Foods. 54. 559-567. 10.1016/j.jff.2019.02.015.
- Wang, D., Özen, C., Abu-Reidah, I. M., Chigurupati, S., Patra, J. K., Horbanczuk, J. O., ... Atanasov, A. G. (2018). Vasculoprotective Effects of Pomegranate (Punica granatum L.). Frontiers in pharmacology, 9, 544. doi:10.3389/fphar.2018.00544